What will you be doing?
We have several product lines of mobile communications systems for Android, iOS and Windows. We are looking to expand our development team to work on our Android-based clients. To support this growth, we are looking for a new Android Developer to join the team.
This role will be responsible for working within a dedicated team to develop the Android app, where you will work alongside other developers to maintain a high-quality app and develop new features that enhance the overall experience.
Our dynamic work environment means you will be encouraged to get involved in every aspect of our work, gaining experience from interpreting customer requirements to understanding system-level architectures.
- Must be capable of obtaining UK security clearance (e.g. UK resident for at least past 5 years)
- Proven experience within Android development (This can be a mix of commercial, and home project-based work)
- Proficient in Java.
- Exposure across most aspects of software development from gathering requirements to releasing.
- Genuine interest in secure coding practises.
- Able to work autonomously and integrate well in a diverse team of people.
- Proactive and results driven personality willing to investigate new ways of doing things to achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow process and clearly document tasks.
Nice to have skills/experience
- Experience with GIT.
- Understanding of general security, authentication and cryptographic principles
What do we offer you?
- A dynamic, and supportive work environment where we develop our software applications in-house in a highly focused team, with the opportunity to get involved in every aspect of our projects.
- Potential for company share options, and bonus scheme based on company performance.
- 25 days holiday.
- 3% Pension.
- Company laptop.
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits!
This role is open only to direct applications to Armour Communications Limited (“Armour”) and via our existing recruitment agents. Any CV submitted to us by any other agent of any sort will be taken to be acceptance by said agent that they are entering into a legally-binding contract with Armour Communications Limited to provide a fee-free introduction to the candidate and allowing Armour to recruit the candidate at no cost and with no obligation to said agent.