What will you be doing?
We are looking for enthusiastic newcomers to expand our customer-facing operations team to cope with increasing customer demand for our products.
Working in a hybrid cloud infrastructure environment, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, from pre-sales support to on-site/remote customer installations and ongoing support activities, mixing project work with rapid-response, ad hoc, customer-driven support activities. You will have a high degree of individual responsibility for your work and must be confident working independently as well as in a small team, including direct interaction with customers.
- Must be capable of obtaining UK security clearance (e.g. UK resident for at least past 5 years)
- Proven commercial experience of Linux administration experience including system security (e.g. Ubuntu, Red Hat).
- Strong knowledge of scripting and other server-side programming, e.g. Python/Bash.
- Networking Skills – TCP/IP, DNS, Network Security, Networking Protocols, etc.
- Experience of open source software, e.g. Docker, KVM, Apache/NGiNX, MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- Proactive and results orientated personality willing to investigate new ways of doing things to achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow process and clearly document tasks.
Nice to have skills/experience
- Experience with GIT, JIRA, and similar tools.
- Experience with Asterisk or similar voice / gateway products.
- Understanding of voice/video over IP, authentication, security and cryptographic principles.
What do we offer you?
- A dynamic, and supportive work environment where we develop all our software applications in-house in a highly focused team.
- Opportunities to get involved in every aspect of our internal and external projects.
- Potential for company share options.
- Bonus scheme based on company performance.
- 25 days holiday.
- 3% Pension.
- Company laptop.
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits!
This role is open only to direct applications to Armour Communications Limited (“Armour”) and via our existing recruitment agents. Any CV submitted to us by any other agent of any sort will be taken to be acceptance by said agent that they are entering into a legally-binding contract with Armour Communications Limited to provide a fee-free introduction to the candidate and allowing Armour to recruit the candidate at no cost and with no obligation to said agent.