What will you be doing?
We are looking to expand our IT Operations team to cope with increasing customer demand for our products. Working in a hybrid cloud infrastructure environment, the role will be focused on supporting internal and cloud infrastructure, as well as project-based work. The position would suit someone who is passionate about Linux (predominantly Ubuntu), and who is happy to work on multiple projects. You will be working individually, as well as in a small team. There will also be the occasional potential for interacting with customers.
- Must be capable of obtaining UK security clearance (e.g. UK resident for at least past 5 years)
- Proven commercial experience with Linux (Ubuntu with Red Hat an advantage) administration.
- Strong knowledge of scripting and other server-side programming, e.g. Python/Bash.
- Networking Skills – TCP/IP, DNS, Network Protocols, etc.
- Experience and willingness to work with open source software, including Docker, KVM, Prometheus, Apache/NGiNX, MySQL/PostgreSQL, and others.
- Proactive and results focused personality willing to investigate new ways of doing things to achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow process and clearly document tasks.
Nice to have skills/experience
- Experience with Asterisk or similar voice / gateway products.
- Experience of Configuration management software, preferably Ansible or SaltStack.
- Experience of creating high availability and redundant systems.
What do we offer you?
- A dynamic, and supportive work environment where we develop all our software applications in-house in a highly focused team.
- Opportunities to get involved in every aspect of our internal and external projects.
- Potential for company share options.
- Bonus scheme based on company performance.
- 25 days holiday.
- 3% Pension.
- Company laptop.
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits!
This role is open only to direct applications to Armour Communications Limited (“Armour”) and via our existing recruitment agents. Any CV submitted to us by any other agent of any sort will be taken to be acceptance by said agent that they are entering into a legally-binding contract with Armour Communications Limited to provide a fee-free introduction to the candidate and allowing Armour to recruit the candidate at no cost and with no obligation to said agent.