“Armour Mobile was the standout solution for its superior functionality, use and ease of deployment. The client’s communications are now secure and the cost savings from no longer requiring hand delivery of documents has been immediate and substantial.”
- Keith Grant, Secure Communications Manager, QuoStar
QuoStar is an IT support and consultancy provider that specialises in businesses going through growth and change. When one of its international clients reported that it was experiencing network traffic interception from global threat actors, Keith Grant, Secure Communications Manager at QuoStar set about finding a solution to secure telecommunications. Armour Mobile was deployed into the client’s environment and, upon seeing the benefits, QuoStar adopted the Armour solution to safeguard their own sensitive communications.
QuoStar’s client required a high assurance communications platform for secure conference calls, messaging and document sharing across teams in multiple international locations. The client was keen to protect communications that were at risk of interception. To mitigate risk, documents were dispatched via personal courier services ensuring all documents were hand-held until reaching the final destination. This method was hugely costly, both financially and in terms of resources, with documents travelling by hand from country to country and across continents. A new solution was required that could:
- Provide secure conferencing for numerous participants
- Secure intra-company and company to company communications
- Ensure calls and associated metadata are kept private
- Protect data sent in messages, text or as attachments
It was important for a new solution to be cost-effective, easy to use and incorporate advanced security techniques to ensure communications could not be intercepted or compromised. After assessing several solutions Armour Mobile was selected for its wide range of features and ease of deployment.
Armour Mobile hosted on Armour’s secure cloud was deployed providing a trusted platform for communications to be set up, enterprise-wide, within hours, followed by an Armour Mobile On-Premises solution enabling complete control of all meta-data. The Armour solution has enabled the client to benefit from economies of scale, savings associated with using VoIP technology, all in a secure environment.
Conference calls and group messaging is an important part of how teams communicate within the organisation. Using Armour Mobile allows multiple users to collaborate securely utilising the same communications platform. New team members can be provisioned quickly, with no additional hardware required. The Armour Mobile app is downloaded from the app store onto employees’ existing handsets and IT provisions the user in minutes, providing the employee with a safe and secure channel of communication.
One of the major benefits of Armour Mobile is its ease of use for the end-user. With all the functionality and user experience associated with consumer-grade apps, there is no need to for training as the app is intuitive to use.
“Armour Mobile delivers the secure communications, information management and ease of deployment that the client wanted. The additional in-app security, closed group communications and encryption of data in motion provides the flexible and highly secure communications platform that the client required.”
- Secure communications – calls are protected from the risk of eavesdropping and documents from interception by outside agencies. Armour Mobile encrypts data in-transit and at rest, rendering it unreadable, and therefore protected. Sensitive corporate information sent via message or text is protected in line with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Substantial cost saving – deploying Armour Mobile has eliminated the need for couriers to hand deliver documents across the globe saving thousands of pounds within the first month of deployment and providing an instant Return on Investment.
- Improved efficiency and productivity – the ability to securely transmit documents has resulted in greater productivity and efficiency. No longer hindered by the time delays of documents being delivered by hand, colleagues can quickly share information without delay.
- Improved data security, governance and auditability – providing assured safe and secure communications across international operations has improved information assurance and data management processes. The client is able to assure its stakeholders that intra-firm communications are secure, encrypted and private.
Appreciation drove adoption within QuoStar
“Seeing the real-world benefits of Armour Mobile in operation at the client’s premises prompted a review of our own secure communications. The ease of use and functionality across the whole communications spectrum drove the decision to adopt Armour Mobile for use amongst QuoStar’s executive management team. This is a testament to just how good Armour Mobile is.”