Anyone that reads this blog regularly will know that there a huge number of potential use cases where secure communications can and should be used. These include:
- Management of BYOD & remote working
- BCM & disaster recovery
- Mission critical & crisis communications
- Managing security incidents
- Out of band comms for cyber and operational resilience
- Secure collaboration with third parties, consortiums & supply chains
- Protection of intellectual property
- Vulnerable communities and HR related scenarios
- C-suite protection
- Foreign carrier and network risks
- Mergers & acquisition
- High net worth individuals & family offices
- Combat shadow IT
- Compliance with regulations & standards (e.g. GDPR)
- Closed messaging applications for high assurance
The technologies or media used to ensure secure communications can include voice, video, conferencing, instant messaging, regulatory secure audit and archiving in order to ensure secure collaboration with trusted colleagues, data privacy and, the separation of business and personal data on BYOD devices. In many organisations a range of solutions will be used, some sanctioned by IT, some not, opening the organisation to the risk from shadow IT.
In Securing Communications Channels – A buyer’s guide we provide the Top 10 questions to ask when looking to secure communications in your organisation. We cover:
When should you use Secure Communications?
There’s a surprisingly wide range of enterprise use cases where secure comms should be a requirement for your business to reduce material risk and improve cyber/operational resilience – we outline them for you.
Are consumer apps secure enough?
While consumer apps are fine for sharing selfies with family or making arrangements for a big night out, they are absolutely NOT suitable for business use – we explain why.
Who got caught out?
We give real-world examples of exactly what can go wrong and the consequences of using unsecure methods of communication.
What exactly should you be looking for?
We suggest the 10 questions you should be asking and, provide a handy tick list of requirements.
Who should read this document?
- Needs to protect sensitive business information and communications on mobile devices (including BYOD)
- Is looking for a more secure solution for collaboration and messaging that provides greater management of users and data, with Audit & Compliance capabilities
- Works in regulated industries that need to archive and audit compliance for all communications, especially those on mobile devices.
- Business Continuity & Cyber & Operational Resilience professionals who need an ‘out of band’ communications channel in the event of a serious cyber incident
- Data Privacy professionals who need to protect personal information and enforce compliance with data protection regulations
- Risk professionals who want to mitigate cyber & operational risk
Complete this form to download your copy – CLICK HERE