What will you be doing?
We have several product lines of mobile communications systems for Android, iOS and Windows, all of which depend on an extensive infrastructure of server and network components. We are looking for a Security Engineer with a hands-on approach to complement our existing development and customer teams in defining and implementing all aspects of product and company security technologies and processes.
This role would include assisting in all security-related aspects of our software development, as well as the continuing worldwide roll-out of our current and new product ranges, influencing internal teams and external customers and bringing hands-on experience of code, network and system level security.
- Must be capable of obtaining UK security clearance (e.g. UK resident for at least past 5 years)
- Proven commercial experience in a security engineering role related to mobile and web applications.
- Performing technical security assessments across our product set and internal services.
- Contributing security-related feedback to engineers throughout the development lifecycle.
- Guiding secure development practices, models and programmes for our engineering teams.
- Supporting security-related aspects of customer interaction from pre-sales through deployment.
- Monitoring current knowledge of security and vulnerabilities across a range of technologies and acting as a focal point for security knowledge across the company.
- Identifying risk in code, applications, processes, architectures, customer deployments and customer-reported issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with manual secure code review in languages such as Java, Objective C, C++, etc.
- Familiarity with modern server technologies and architectures, including Docker and microservices.
- Knowledge of authentication mechanisms like SAML, OAuth, etc.
- Knowledge of common security flaws and resolution as published by OWASP, SANS, etc.
- Proactive and results orientated personality willing to investigate new ways of doing things to achieve goals in a timely manner.
Nice to have skills/experience
- Familiarity with VoIP protocols such as SIP and XMPP.
- Security training / certifications
- Confidence in public speaking engagements.
- Comfortable working in a mixed platform environment (Linux, mobile platforms, etc.).
- Familiarity with common code / security testing tools for DAST, SAST, and IAST analysis
- Experience with Atlassian’s development tools (Bitbucket/GIT, Jira, Confluence, etc.).
What do we offer you?
- A dynamic, and supportive work environment where we develop all our software applications in-house in a highly focused team.
- Opportunities to get involved in every aspect of our internal and external projects.
- Potential for company share options.
- Bonus scheme based on company performance.
- 25 days holiday.
- 3% Pension.
- Company laptop.
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits!
This role is open only to direct applications to Armour Communications Limited (“Armour”) and via our existing recruitment agents. Any CV submitted to us by any other agent of any sort will be taken to be acceptance by said agent that they are entering into a legally-binding contract with Armour Communications Limited to provide a fee-free introduction to the candidate and allowing Armour to recruit the candidate at no cost and with no obligation to said agent.