What will you be doing?
We have several product lines of mobile communications systems for Android, iOS and Windows, all of which depend on an extensive infrastructure of server and network components. We are looking for a Software Security Developer, with a hands-on approach to complement our existing development and customer teams in defining and implementing all aspects of product and company security technologies and processes.
This role would include assisting in all security-related aspects of our software development, as well as the continuing worldwide roll-out of our current and new product ranges, influencing internal teams and external customers and bringing hands-on experience of code, network and system level security.
- Must be capable of obtaining UK security clearance (e.g. UK resident for at least past 5 years)
- Proven commercial experience in a security engineering role related to mobile and web applications.
- Experience with manual secure code review in languages such as Java, Objective C, C++.
- Comfortable working in a mixed platform environment (Linux, mobile platforms, etc.).
- Identifying risk in code, applications, processes, architectures, customer deployments and customer-reported issues.
- Guiding secure development practices, models and programmes for our engineering teams.
- Familiarity with modern server technologies and architectures, including Docker and microservices.
- Knowledge of authentication, OWASP, TLS and certificates.
- Proactive and results orientated personality willing to investigate and implement new solutions.
Nice to have skills/experience
- Familiarity with VoIP protocols such as SIP and XMPP.
- Confidence in public speaking engagements.
- Familiarity with common code / security testing tools for DAST, SAST, and IAST analysis
- Experience with Atlassian’s development tools (Bitbucket/GIT, Jira, Confluence, etc.).
What do we offer you?
- A dynamic, and supportive work environment where we develop our software applications in-house in a highly focused team, with the opportunity to get involved in every aspect of our projects.
- Potential for company share options, and bonus scheme based on company performance.
- 25 days holiday.
- 3% Pension.
- Company laptop and free tea, coffee and biscuits!
This role is open only to direct applications to Armour Communications Limited (“Armour”) and via our existing recruitment agents. Any CV submitted to us by any other agent of any sort will be taken to be acceptance by said agent that they are entering into a legally-binding contract with Armour Communications Limited to provide a fee-free introduction to the candidate and allowing Armour to recruit the candidate at no cost and with no obligation to said agent.